Posted on Leave a comment


also called  Flection,  formerly  Accidence,   in linguistics, the change in the form of a word (in English, usually the addition of endings) to mark such distinctions as tense, person, number, gender, mood, voice, and case. English inflection indicates noun plural (cat, cats), third person singular present tense (I, you, we, they buy; he buys), past tense (we walk, we walked), verbals (for example to call – past: called, future: will call, present: calling), and comparatives (big, bigger, biggest …)