Serves: 4 , Makes 1 nine-inch quiche
- 1 green pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 sweet red pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 yellow sweet pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 small onion (cut into strips)
- 9 inches pie crusts (unbaked)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
- In a large skillet, sauté pepper strips and onions in margarine until soft but not limp.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, half-n-half, water, garlic, basil, and cayenne.
- Spoon peppers into unbaked pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture over peppers.
- Bake at 375°F for 50-55 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
“I made this yesterday for dinner and everybody just loved it! Very easy to make and great taste! I used two instead of only one onion and for the crust I made a dough out of the following ingredients: 250 g flour, 4 ts baking powder, 125 g low fat curd cheese, 75 ml milk, 75 ml sunflower oil and 25 g sunflower seeds. Because I didn’t have any basil I simply used rosemary instead, which went very well with the peppers. Thanks VickyJ for sharing such an outstanding recipe!”
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4