- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- fresh cilantro
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
“EXCELLENT! We love this! So great for a meal to feed a lot of people! Even the kids like it!”
“This was very easy to make and tasty. I did add a can of diced tomatoes and used lots of cajun seasoning. It makes a ton, so I froze about half of it. Thanks for a hearty, filling lunch.”
“This was really easy, and good too. MIne was a little on the dry side, and I had to cook it for an additional 30 minutes, I’ll definitely make this again!”
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10