Vertebrae are the 33 individual bones that interlock with each other to form the spinal column. The vertebrae are numbered and divided into regions: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacrum, and coccyx. Only the top 24 bones are moveable; the vertebrae of the sacrum and coccyx are fused.
What are your plans this weekend? For all you space lovers, get ready for an incredibly stellar weekend! From the evening of February 10 through the morning of February 11, 2017 there will be a series of 3 events all in one night: a Snow Moon, a New Year comet sighting and a lunar eclipse! Here’s what you need to know about this incredible event!
1. Snow Moon
The Snow Moon is a term for February’s full moon. It was named this because February is generally the month that has the highest amount of snowfall during the year. This year, the snow moon will rise at 5:33 p.m EST on Friday and set at 7:22 a.m. on Saturday. It shouldn’t be too hard to spot it in the sky.
Continue reading Snow Moon, a New Year comet sighting and a lunar eclipse
This schematic diagram of the rock cycle shows the relationship between magma and sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous rock
There are three major types of rock: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. The rock cycle is an important concept in geology which illustrates the relationships between these three types of rock, and magma.
Continue reading Rock cycle
8 July 2016 07:43 AM
Madhya Pradesh has been receiving heavy to very heavy rains during the past few days. So much so that many cities have been witnessing rainfall in three digits. Satna is one such city which has been receiving extremely heavy rain for three consecutive days.
During the last 21 hours from 8:30 am on Thursday, Satna recorded a whopping 244 mm of rain. The rainy tale doesn’t end here. While the city recorded 131 mm of rain on Tuesday, a whopping 277 mm of rainfall was observed on Wednesday.
These rains can be attributed to the weather system which has been lingering close to Madhya Pradesh for quite some time now. The system had intensified into a depression increasing the rainfall intensity over the area. Now, the weather system has weakened into a low pressure area.
– See more at: http://www.skymetweather.com/content/weather-news-and-analysis/satna-records-three-digit-rains-for-third-consecutive-day/#sthash.vC1KpWvn.dpuf
Snail can sleep for 3 years.The reason snails sleep are they alike many other animals hibernate. Hibernation means that snails sleep when weather becomes excessively cold; it is a necessary for the survival of snails.
It is also been known some species of desert snails can do this for years before actually dying.Snails common diet are plants and other vegetation. Snails will bury themselves in the ground and close their shells off with their own slime. You can find them eating live plants, dying plants, rotting plants, fruits, and algae. A snail has a radula located inside its mouth to assist in the grinding of its food.
In the case of the BEE, it is the number three which pervades its phenomena—
- In three days the egg of the queen is hatched.
- It is fed for nine days (3×3).
It reaches maturity in 15 days (5×3).
- The worker grub reaches maturity in 21 days (7×3).
- And is at work three days after leaving its cell.
- The drone matures in 24 days (8×3).
- The bee is composed of three sections,— head and two stomachs.
- The two eyes are made up of about 3,000 small eyes, each (like the cells of the comb) having six sides (2×3).
- Underneath the body are six (2×3) wax scales with which the comb is made.
- It has six (2×3) legs. Each leg is composed of three sections.
- The foot is formed of three triangular sections.
- The antennae consist of nine (3×3) sections.
- The sting has nine (3×3) barbs on each side.